Job opportunity: Freelance Marketing Officer at the Scottish Mental Health Arts Festival (SMHAF)
We are looking for a freelance Marketing Officer to join our festival team on a part time basis from March – May 2019.
Now approaching its thirteenth year, the Scottish Mental Health Arts Festival has grown to become one of Scotland’s most valued cultural events, with over 200 events taking place across the country from the 3rd – 26th May, aiming to raise awareness and challenge perceptions about mental health.
We have an exciting opportunity for a freelance Marketing Officer to join our busy team for 2019. The role will involve supporting the team to raise the profile of the festival and leading on key marketing tasks. We are looking for a quick and accurate worker and applicants should have demonstrable experience of working in a busy marketing role, ideally within an arts/festival environment.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Writing and editing content for use in print and online
- Planning and implementing a social media plan (with support from the wider team)
- Working with the team to boost the profile of the overall festival and key events across Scotland
- Developing a distribution plan for marketing materials
- Attending and supporting events as a SMHAF representative
- To provide wider, flexible support to the festival team as required
This will be a part time role, we are looking for the successful applicant to work 2-3 days per week (depending on start date), based in Glasgow with some travel.
The closing date is 11th March 2019. Interviews will take the week beginning the 11th March and we will be looking for the successful candidate to start immediately.