Do you have a passion for people? Do you care about the arts? Are you keen to learn new skills?
The Mental Health Foundation are looking for volunteers to be part of an exciting new arts and heritage project, Reclaiming Our Heritage.
Using oral history testimonies, we will create a timeline which spans over 50 years, creating a digital and physical resource which can be shared and used to educate and inspire others about the history of the mental health and the arts movement in Scotland.
As a heritage volunteer you will have the opportunity to learn about oral history, gain new skills, and connect with likeminded individuals. You will play a vital role in making this project a success through carrying out interviews with artists and community members.
• Attending training
• Conducting one to one oral history interviews
• Operating easy to use electronic/digital recording equipment
• Transcription of short interview excerpts
• Keeping records
• Adhering to timescales
• Reporting to the Development Officer
• Contributing to the wider project
• Connecting with other volunteers
• One half day volunteer induction session
• Two days training over both Saturday 5th & 12th October 2019
• One half day review session with an optional half day audio editing workshop
• Up to 3 interviewing sessions (max 4 hours )
• Up to 3 post-interview sessions (max 2-4 hours)
• Volunteer meetups and check-ins with Development Officer