We are looking for a freelance Marketing & Volunteer Coordinator to join our festival team on a part time basis from March-May 2020.
Now approaching its thirteenth year, the Scottish Mental Health Arts Festival has grown to become one of Scotland’s most valued cultural events, with around 300 events taking place across the country from the 4th-24th May, aiming to raise awareness and challenge perceptions about mental health.
We have an exciting opportunity for a freelance Marketing & Volunteer Coordinator to join our busy team for 2020. The role will involve supporting the team to raise the profile of the festival and leading on key marketing tasks, as well as supporting the delivery of the Talking Heads volunteer project which generates a diverse range of content to promote the festival.
We are looking for a quick and accurate worker and applicants should have demonstrable experience of working in a busy marketing role, ideally within an arts or festival environment.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Producing and editing content for use in print and online materials
- Planning and implementing a social media plan
- Managing distribution of marketing materials, including the national festival programme
- Support the delivery of the Talking Heads volunteer project, including working with volunteers to develop online content
- Working with the team to boost the profile of the overall festival and key events across Scotland
- Attending and supporting events as a SMHAF representative
- Providing wider, flexible support to the festival team as required
This will be a part time role, we are looking for the successful applicant to work 4 days per week on a flexible basis, based in Glasgow with some travel.
The closing date is Wed 10th March. Interviews will take place on Thu 12th March and we will be looking for the successful candidate to start immediately.